Teamcenter is a widely used & powerful PLM technology. It is one of the most well established PLM technologies in the industry with a very strong pedigree in CAD data management and product visualization. This is why many of the worlds biggest OEMs use it for managing their CAD design data and visualising their products.
Teamcenter's scale and complexity means that some organisations can struggle to take full advantage of it's capabilities. In our experience, companies can make big strides forward by implementing their existing Teamcenter software in a better way.
AESSiS have been implementing Teamcenter since 2007. Each member of our team have over 20 years Teamcenter experience under their belts which puts them among the most experienced independant Teamcenter practitioners anywhere in the world.
Why Integrating Teamcenter with other Business Systems is Important
In most organisations Teamcenter is likely to reside alongside other critical business systems such as ERP.
Connecting Teamcenter and ERP platforms to enable the bi-directional flow of product data is crucial for establishing a so-called ‘single source of the truth’ and enabling the efficient transfer of information through the organisation.
It is no longer acceptable either from a productivity or an accuracy point of view to transfer bills of material manually between systems. Indeed, the full benefits and efficiency gains offered by Teamcenter can only be fully realised when this has been achieved.
When To Use an 'Off The Shelf' Connector
Whilst there are a number of ‘off the shelf’ ERP connector products for Teamcenter, these can be expensive and are available for only some of the more common ERP systems.
Furthermore, the individualised nature of the integration challenge and the sheer variety of products available in the ERP marketplace means that these generic approaches may not always provide the level of integration that is demanded.
In these circumstances a more bespoke approach becomes more or less unavoidable. Even where an off the shelf connector exists, it is often simpler and more cost effective to build a bespoke integration using ITK or Teamcenter SOA.
At AESSiS, we work with clients to integrate Teamcenter with their other mission critical enterprise systems.
- We are experts at using the Teamcenter APIs that allow data to be written to and from Teamcenter programatically via a web-service
- We have deep experience in ITK, the internal language of Teamcenter, for querying and manipulating data within Teamcenter programatically
- We specialise in building fast and effective Teamcenter workflows to trigger the export or import of data to Teamcenter at the right point in time
- We know how ERP systems work and how best to handle and present data to ERP in a manner in which it can be understood
- We also know how to get data back out of ERP and presented to Teamcenter in a manner in which it can be understood
Our Teamcenter Integration Skills
- Teamcenter Business Modeller Application (BMIDE)
- Teamcenter ITK & C++ Development
- Teamcenter SOA API
- Workflow Development
- Workflow Handler Development
- .NET/JAVA/C++ SOAs for web service integration
- Extensive knowledge of ERP architectures
- SQL & Oracle Databases